About the client – Our client is a listed manufacturing conglomerate with a cumulative market capitalization of INR 10 Bn. The client is focused on the production of glassware for scientific, industrial, pharmaceutical and household applications, with consolidated revenues exceeding INR 5 Bn. The client has expansive distribution across India and exports to 30 countries globally.
Key Responsibilities –
- To strategize and guide the Business Head, Marketing Heads and Plant Heads on various legal issues to pursue right course of action and for timely implementation of various legal procedures.
- To create a strategic legal/compliance framework in order to support the growth objectives of the organization and all its locations
- Providing Advisory & Litigation support to all businesses on various IPR related issues including infringement and Passing off action.
- To handle the legal aspect of the company’s various M&A activities
- Handling various businesses verticals in terms of negotiating, structuring, drafting, reviewing & finalizing various Agreements, MOUs, Letter of Intents, from time to time.
- Ensuring Issuance of notices/reply to the notices, vetting internal group company agreements, affidavits, letters, Company Resolution, General/specific General Power of Attorney and applications to Government Departments and Regulatory bodies.
- Counselling & educating the relevant business heads on laws related to various business and other Commercial Laws.
- Advice and support on legal matters related to safeguarding of business interests and assets (including intellectual property rights)
- Representing the business in possible dispute resolution that may arise