GIPS is a professionally managed Executive Search, Recruiting and Management firm based in Mumbai, a major hub for the entire Asia / Pacific region provides Fortune-500 Companies, Multinationals and Large Indian Corporations with the best talent available at all levels and management functions : CEO, President, VP, Senior and Middle management levels.
Our Client is a farm to retail Food Company in the business of making and selling a range of fresh food products. It is the market leader in fresh dips and pita chips, and has pioneered this product category in the country. It believes that consumers today are looking for healthy, fresh, ethically made food products.
Its products are sold through all leading national supermarket chains and local gourmet food stores like Godrej Nature's Basket, Food Hall, Big Bazaar, Spencer- s, Spar, etc. It has an exclusive partnership with FabIndia and sells through their stores. The products are also retailed online on and through other leading online market places. It is a fast growing professionally managed company led by well qualified professionals who have decades of experience in the food and FMCG business in India and internationally.
Job Description :
- We are looking for a City Manager for Mumbai, who will drive Sales and oversee Operations for our range of fresh and handmade products.
- The candidate needs to be hands-on, and action oriented, who grows and develops the city distribution, builds a team, drives sales on a daily basis, and adheres to the company standards in processes and operations.
- The Candidate should be flexible, and willing to work in a fast growing start up culture, in which he will be part of building the business, as opposed to riding on an established distribution set up of traditional FMCG.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to :
- Establish the Distribution Channel with tie up with stores : Identify the appropriate stores, and negotiate for placement of our products in the stores
- Build Relationships with each store ensuring maximum support of the business owners to our sales promoters.
- Build a team of in store sales promoters through head hunting, referencing, use of vendors and recruitment agencies. This will be supported by the central HR Recruitment Team
- Manage, monitor and Train the Sales Team. Holds Regular meetings, Allocate stores to promoters and rotate them as required, Ensure that promoters follow store discipline, hygiene, dress code and punctuality.
- Set sales targets for each store and devise incentive schemes
- Compile and Analyse Sales Figures on daily basis.
- Oversee Distribution of products: Receipt of Products from air/rail cargo, Storage of products in Warehouse, ensure maintenance of FIFO, Preparation of Order Sheet, Distribution of products to store, Ensure delivery and installation of visi-coolers in stores
- Ensure no stock shrinkage and minimize returns
- Finance and Collections: Raise invoices and challans, and ensure timely collections
- Oversee Promoter related Admin and HR Issues.
- Ensure timely and complete daily reporting to senior managers in HQ
- Adhere to the company established standards for operations and processes.
- Keep up to date with products and competitors
Desired Skills & Experience :
Option 1 :
- MBA from a good business school and 3-7 year's sales, operations and/ or business development experience in any consumer/ FMCG/ Food or Retail business. Experience with premium products that are sold through modern retail stores will be useful but food experience is not essential. Candidate must have the executive presence and leadership to grow into more senior roles.
Option 2 :
- Graduate with 7-14 years sales, operations and/ or business development experience in any FMCG/ Food or Retail business. Experience with perishable food products being sold through modern supermarket stores will be important. Experience with direct selling rather than through distributors will be required.